The collection of the Karl May Museum is largely based on the property of Karl and Klara May, the private collection of artist Patty Frank and other acquisitions and donations from private individuals. Besides the major ethnographic collection, our museum houses the impressive literary and private estate of author Karl May.
- The historical furniture of Villa Shatterhand: May’s Oriental office, the historical library with roughly 3,000 publications, including some rare works, the art nouveau reception room and the Klara May room
- The collection of art works, paintings and premium prints, including works by art nouveau artist and sculptor Sascha Schneider (1870 – 1927)
- Autographs, travel souvenirs and personal belongings of the May family
- Photographs and postcards
- Historical documents and newspaper articles on Karl May and the history of the museum
Head of Collection
Telephone: + 49 (0) 351 83730-39