The collection of the Karl May Museum is largely based on the property of Karl and Klara May, the private collection of artist Patty Frank and other acquisitions and donations from private individuals. Besides the impressive literary and private estate of author Karl May, our museum also houses a unique ethnographic collection.
- 4.000 ethnographic items from all around the world (South America, Africa, Middle East, Asia, Oceania and North America)
- Of these, approx. 1,800 art works and everyday items from various cultural regions of the indigenous population of North America
- A wide range of historical photographs, documents, paintings, prints and drawings, primarily on the cultural history of North America
- The 16 historical costumed figures
- A collection of historical firearms
Head of Collection
Telephone: + 49 (0) 351 83730-39